Task 2:
1) In my opinion, I think it is ok if someone is inspired by someone or something but I do think it is better for them to do things in their 'own way'. This is because, I like originality and the thought of something being your creation, instead of it being an 'imitation' of someone else's work. Sometimes imitation can be creative but, as I said before, I only think it is creative when they've mixed it up a bit and have done something in their own way.
2) I think when Ed Sheeran was accused of copying X factor winner Matt Cardle's song "note for note" is an example of imitation but with creativity. This is because, although he did imitate the track by Matt Cardle, he still made it his own by changing the lyrics/giving the song a new meaning. The song by Ed Sheeran was called "Photograph", it sounded very similar to the Matt Cardle's track, which was called "Amazing".
2) I think when Ed Sheeran was accused of copying X factor winner Matt Cardle's song "note for note" is an example of imitation but with creativity. This is because, although he did imitate the track by Matt Cardle, he still made it his own by changing the lyrics/giving the song a new meaning. The song by Ed Sheeran was called "Photograph", it sounded very similar to the Matt Cardle's track, which was called "Amazing".

Comments
Post a Comment